Wolf Popper's synagogue was erected about 1640 and is fourth old synagogue in Krakow. Popper means a stork, some stories say that Wolf, while praying, used to put one leg on another like a stork.
Originally Wolf Popper came from Chęciny and here, in Krakow got married with Leibke, a daughter or a rich merchant Landau. Soon he multiplied his father-in-law property. The founder based his synagogue on the Kazimierz city wall.
During the II World War the synagogue was demolished and the only survived door of the aaron-ha-kodesh, was send to Jerusalem and today is presented in Wolfsons’ Museum in Jerusalem. Nowadays the synagogue performs its function of local community center.