This is the third old synagogue in Krakow. Its name reflects localization on the second floor by the wall surrounding Jewish part of Kazimierz. It was built probably by Sephardi Jews coming from Spain, fleeing from Spanish inquisition in 1555. During II World War the synagogue lost its polychromies and ceased its function as a place of worship. Nowadays is a place of contemporary exhibition.