Piarists came to Poland (Warsaw) invited by the king Władysław IV, to ?Krakow they came soon in 1654 invited by brother of the king Władysław, John Kasimir. Soon they boughta house of Słowikowskis' family to establish hospicium.
Erection of the church started at the begining of 18th century under the architect Kacper Bażanka. The erection took place for ten years and in 1728 the new temple was consecrated. Therty years later the church got splendid facade, according the the project of Francisco Placidi.
The church posses beautiful polychromy, patterned on the polychromy by Andrea Pozzo of the church Saint Ignatio in Rome. The Piarists church was painted by Francis Eckstein, the artists painted Saint Peter with the keys and personifications of Europe, Asia, Africa and America. In the main altar a painting by Władysław Łuszczkiewicz was fixed and presenting Transfiguration of Jesus.
In the church one can visit following chapels:
• Saint Anthony
• Lamentation of Christ
• Protection of the Virgin Mary Queen of Poland
• Holy Family
• Saint Joseph Calasanz
• Saint John of Nepomuk